We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. At no additional cost to you, clicking in these links go to support our blog. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When was the last time you went to a restaurant and the people you were with said no to dessert? It happens more often than anyone wants to consider and it’s a shame! Dessert is often the biggest pleasure in going out for a meal, and while you want to avoid overeating your desserts and fatty foods, you still want to enjoy them from time to time. Life is short enough as it is to say no to dessert, right?
There is no need to feel guilt when you choose a pistachio pudding from time to time. You deserve to eat food that makes you happy, and while not every food is perfectly nutritious, it doesn’t have to be. You don’t really need a reason to choose to eat desserts, but we’re going to give you them anyway because sometimes, you need someone to tell you that it’s okay to eat the delicious dessert!
- It makes you happy. There are certain foods out there that make you feel happier than ever, and if you’ve ever turned to food on a bad day, you know that it’s because it makes you feel better. This is no different. Nothing can give you that shot of happiness quite like a molten chocolate pudding, can it? There are several pleasures in life and sweet food is just one of them. Denying yourself those pleasures is only going to make you unhappy and why should you do that? You deserve those simplest pleasures in life and if that is going to give your day the boost it needs, then say yes to the dessert.
- You don’t have to eat it right away. Saying yes to dessert in the evening – even when you’re too full – means that you can take it home with you. You can eat dessert at any time of day, so taking it home and having it for breakfast the next day is a great way to get your day started! You’d have waffles or pancakes for breakfast, so what difference does it really make if you have a slice of apple pie?
- You might only need a little. When you’ve eaten a heavy, savory meal, you often just want to taste something sweet to finish your meal. You might not need a huge slab of pie but you might choose to share some profiteroles. The point is that you don’t have to eat it all to enjoy it, and often, a few bites makes a big difference to the way that you feel and it also keeps your waistline trim.
- You might even prevent a stroke. If you were told that dessert will help you to avoid a stroke, you might choose to avoid the guilt that often comes with it. Consuming some dark chocolate every single day can make a difference to your risk of stroke. In fact, it reduces it for you. It’s the healthiest excuse you could use to say yes to the chocolate filled brownie you were eyeing while you ate your main meal.
- You’ll lower your blood pressure. As well as lowering your risk of stroke, dessert can also help you with the reduction of your risk of blood pressure. There are plenty of nutrients in chocolate and other ingredients that will help you to keep your blood pressure down.
- It’s a social thing to eat. Sometimes, restaurants offer huge sharer desserts and these are perfect for those who want to share their pudding rather than eat it alone. If you are out with your friends, you might choose to go for the large novelty sundae and share with multiple spoons!
- Being on a diet doesn’t matter. You can build dessert into your diet so you don’t have to miss out on anything. Choose desserts that give you that happy feeling and then eat smaller portions or share them so that you can break down the calories a little more. Sharing is caring and when you buy sharer desserts especially, you can ensure that you keep the calories low but your sweet tooth satisfied.
- Life is too short to say no. Life is much more enjoyable when you say yes to dessert. No matter the dessert that you are looking at, you should think about whether you’re going to be happier or not. Eating dessert makes your day way better, and you feel better in yourself, too. Saying yes to dessert once in a while is only going to enrich your life rather than damage your health further.