We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. At no additional cost to you, clicking in these links go to support our blog. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Does the thought of moving make you want to bury yourself under a pile of clothes and never come out? Yeah, me too. It’s quite possibly why I’ve only ever moved about 5 times in my life. However, the last time I moved, I did hire a moving company.
It may sound like an added cost over doing it yourself. Yes, things may be done your way. But at what cost? Let’s take a look at why you should choose a moving company and how to make that decision. Plus, we have one more reason to choose a moving company below.
Reasons to Choose a Moving Company
There are several reasons why you should choose a moving company. Even if you’re moving locally, a reputable moving company such as Infinite Moving Company does a lot of the work for you. Consider these things a moving company can do for you.
- Providing boxes, pads and other packing materials
- Wrapping special items for you to ensure they’re secure
- Packing your entire household, deliver it, and unpack it
- Giving you organizing tips, checklists, and perform a final sweep for forgotten items
- Loading and unloading in a certain order according to your preferences
Again, while you could do it yourself and watch a ton of YouTube videos about the best way to pack and move, a team of professionals does this every day. They’ve seen and done it all.
Moving is stressful as it is. There are a lot of logistics to consider. Take one thing off your plate and hire a moving company.
Oh, and do you have kids? Yeah, that’s also another reason to consider a team of moving professionals. Especially if you have younger children, the last thing you want to worry about is if they get underfoot while you’re trying to pack Grandma’s precious china.
When you hire someone like Infinite Moving, you can meet them at the door and then take the kids to the park. Sounds like a win-win to me!
Do you work for a company that has made the decision to work from home? Do you still have equipment at the office? This would be another reason to hire commercial moving services. Get help transporting desks, chairs, file cabinets, heavy furniture, and delivered anywhere you need. And if you’re looking for commercial moving services in Polk County, FL, get a quote from Infinite Moving.
How to Choose a Moving Company
Infinite Moving recommends asking these questions when choosing movers.
1. When interviewing moving companies, make sure to ask if they are insured and how they charge, ask if they charge extra for large items such as pianos and big-screen TVs.
2. Ask what kind of training their movers and drivers go through before servicing customers, ask if there is a cancellation policy, ask what type of payment options they offer.
3. Ask if they use full-time employees or temps and day labor. (Be cautious of those who use temps and day labor because they may not have proper insurance.)
4. Ask if they offer free estimates, ask if they have suggestions on how to make your move easier, ask if they offer packing and unpacking services.
5. Ask if your items will be insured during your move, ask if they have a minimum charge or if they have any extra charges or any hidden fees.
Hire a Moving Company When You are Remodeling
Even if you aren’t moving your entire home, you may consider hiring a moving company to help you rearrange your furniture. Think of it this way. If you are redecorating your home, you may have new furniture delivered. Or maybe you’re getting set up to homeschool your kids. This could mean moving out old furniture out of a spare room. Maybe you’re moving in desks, or comfy chairs. Instead of moving everything yourself, you can hire a moving company to rearrange the rooms according to your design.
A moving company has the tools and experience to move furniture safely. Save yourself the strain and pain of moving things around. Plus, you may feel better asking them to put it all back over asking your spouse. At least you’re paying them and they won’t complain when you may change your mind.
Moving can be stressful. But if you hire out the bulk of the work, it can be a lot less stressful. Moving into a new home should be exciting and enjoyable. Hire a moving company. It will be worth every penny!